Monday 24 July 2023

KINGDOM BIBLE STUDY | PROVOKING THE SUPERNATURAL PART 1 | MONDAY 24TH JULY 2023

 KINGDOM BIBLE STUDY | PROVOKING THE SUPERNATURAL PART 1 | MONDAY 24TH JULY 2023

● Praise the Lord and Shekinah Greetings Word of Life Family wherever you are connected this beautiful day. The day that the Lord has made.


● We are thankful to God for a new week and we are starting a new series of teaching captioned 'provoking the supernatural.' We will go through  it throughout the week and on Sunday it is our grace upon grace Sunday service. 


● The Lord will help you and I to swim in the realm of the supernatural because the supernatural is our birthright in Christ. 


● Jesus says in the book of Mark 16:17 and these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall s7peak with the new tongues;


● Please understand that miracles, signs, wonders; the supernatural is yours. It is your birthright in Christ. 


● The Bible does not say the signs and wonders will follow the Pastor  ... No! The Bible does not say the signs and wonders will follow the Bishop ... No! The Bible does not say the signs and wonders will follow the evangelists ... No! It is your birthright in Christ. It is for you if you are a believer.  It is your portion.  


● John 14:12 Veril, verily, I say unto you, He that believe that on me, the works yhat I do shall he do also, and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.


● So, it is your birthright in Christ but you need to know what to do to provoke or activate the supernatural.


● The place where I am there is WiFi. Until I take the password and put it in my phone it will never work. It is there but I have to activate it for it to start working in my life. It is the same with the supernatural.  


● This week I will teach you what you can do, what you have to do to activate it, to provoke it in your life. 


● There is electricity in this building.  The camera infront of me needs electricity.  Until I plug it to the socket, there is no way the camera can work. 


PROVOKING THE SUPERNATURAL


● You need to know what to do for the supernatural to start working in your life. 


● The people in the Bible, what did they do for them to experience the supernatural?


● Remember last week I told you that, all the men in the Bible who experienced the supernatural, who experienced exploit were men like you and I.


But the question is, What did they do to experience the supernatural?


● That is my concern for you and I this week.


● Esau had a birthright and he sold it out. He said, for what use is this birthright? (Genesis 25:32) And Jacob bought it, paid the price and it became his.


● Until today, God is called the God of Abraham,  Isaac and Jacob and not the God of Esau. Because it was his birthright but he did not know what to do to activate it. 


● So it can be yours but until you know how to provoke it, it will never happen in your life. 


● I believe in my spirit that this week you will provoke the supernatural in your life in the name of Jesus Christ. It is available for all. 


● Pray and tell God, I need your grace to understand. I come before you from the depth of my heart and I pray O Lord that you help us.


As we are starting this new week help us to know how to provoke the supernatural in our lives. 


Father, that is our prayer oh Lord. That each and everyone of us will come to that realization that indeed the supernatural is our birthright in Christ.


But what does it take to provoke it? What does it take to arouse it? What does it take to stir it so that it can become a reality in your life. 


● Lord, I believe in your word. The Bible says, miracles follow those who believe . I believe in you oh Lord that the supernatural will become our natural in the name of Jesus Christ the son of the Living God we have prayed and we all say Amen.


Today, I will talk about the T.A.P CODE for the supernatural.  


The main topic is PROVOKING THE SUPERNATURAL but the subtopic today is THE T.A.P CODE OF THE SUPERNATURAL


T.A.P Stands for


- T for Thirsty 

- A for Aggressive 

- P for purposeful


CATEGORY 1  | THE THIRSTY


To provoke the supernatural 


● Remember that in John 14:12, Jesus says whoever believes shall do the works that I do …


● But when we read Joh 7:37, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.


● What does that mean? 


● Simple. To tap into the supernatural, you must have a deep thirst and hunger for God. Meaning you must have a strong spiritual desire for God. 


● Friends, you cannot be superficial and expect the supernatural. No way.


● Read what God says in Isaiah 44:3, … For I will pour water ON THE THIRSTY* land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.


● Moses was an extraordinary man of unusual demonstration of power because he was a man with an unusual thirst and hunger for God.


● After he has seen all kinds of signs, wonders, miracles, and plagues, in Exodus 33:18 Moses is praying and asking God ..., "Please show me Your glory."


● David was an extraordinary man of unusual demonstration of strength in battle because he was a man with an unusual thirst and hunger for God.


● We read David in Psalms 42:2 saying … “My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?


● Elisha tapped into the double portion of Elijah’s anointing because he thirsted for it.


● 3 times Elijah told him to stay. 3 times Elisha refused and said I will not leave thee. See how Elisha flowed in the anointing …


2 Ki 2:2  And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry here, I pray thee; for the LORD hath sent me to Bethel. And Elisha said unto him, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they went down to Bethel. 


2 Ki 2:4  And Elijah said unto him, Elisha, tarry here, I pray thee; for the LORD hath sent me to Jericho. And he said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they came to Jericho. 


2 Ki 2:6  And Elijah said unto him, Tarry, I pray thee, here; for the LORD hath sent me to Jordan. And he said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. And they two went on. 


● The question I am asking you today … Are you thirsty? Are you hungry? Are you desperate? Are you desiring?


CATEGORY 2  | THE AGGRESSIVE


● There are 3 types of believers in the church :


Those who make things happen (Aggressive)


Those who watch & wait for things to happen (Passive)


Those who wonder "What happened?" (Wonderers)


● The majority of people who received miracles from God were never passive (apart from the dead). Most of the time, they did not sit back and wait for anything to happen or come to them. Rather, they were aggressive and violent in their faith to take their portion.


● Bartimaeus shouted and shouted more to get his miracle 

despite people around discouraging him. 


● The 4 friends of the paralytic took away the roof of the house to bring the paralytic to Jesus despite the obstacles.


 ● The question I am asking you today … Are you spiritually aggressive? 


CATEGORY 3 | BE PURPOSEFUL


● Do you know why Esau lost his birthright? Because he did not know the purpose of it.


Gen 25:32  And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me? 


● You will agree with me that purpose is power. God is the purposeful God. God does not do anything without a purpose.


● Likewise, the supernatural is our birthright. To tap into the power behind the supernatural, you must tap into the purpose of the supernatural. Meaning in other words, the why of the supernatural must be as clear to you as running water


● Let me share with you 6 purposes of the supernatural


PURPOSE 1 | You need the supernatural because we live in a materialistic world where some unbelievers folks will never believe unless they see the evidence of the supernatural.


John 4:48 Then said Jesus to him, Except YOU SEE SIGNS AND WONDERS, YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE.


PURPOSE 2 | We need the supernatural to silence our mockers. Otherwise, without the supernatural, the mockers will continue to mock our God. 


Psalms 74:22 Arise, O God, plead your cause: remember how the foolish man reproaches you daily.


1 Samuel 1:6 And her adversary also provoked her sore, for to make her fret, because the LORD had shut up her womb.

1 Samuel 1:27 For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:


2 Kings 2:15 And WHEN THE SONS OF THE PROPHETS WHICH WERE TO VIEW AT JERICHO SAW HIM, they said, The spirit of Elijah does rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him and bowed themselves to the ground before him.


The miracle performed by the apostles in Acts 3 was so notable that the Bible says that the enemies of the Gospel "could say nothing against it." 


Acts 4:14 Beholding the man who was healed standing with them, THEY COULD SAY NOTHING AGAINST IT.


Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  Miracles, signs, and wonders still happen even today. What Jesus did yesterday, he still does today and will still do it tomorrow and forever.


PURPOSE 3 | We need the supernatural To draw unbelievers and skeptical men to our God


The supernatural is a facilitator of church growth. It is God’s magnet meant to draw people to God for their salvation. 


Case 1 | 3000 souls were added to the first Church at the supernatural noise of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit among the disciples of Christ 


Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his language.


Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added to them about three thousand souls.


Case 2 | Just one healing miracle of the paralytic performed by the apostles added 5000 men to the church.


Acts 3:11 As the lame man who had been healed held on to Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch, which is called Solomon’s, greatly wondering.


Acts 4:4 However, many of those who had heard the Word believed, the number of the men being about five thousand.


PURPOSE 4 | To strengthen our confidence and boldness in the preaching of the Gospel


When facing the Sanhedrin, Peter and John were speaking with such confidence and boldness that the Bible says that the Sanhedrin "marveled, and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus."


Acts 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.


PURPOSE 5 | To bring glory and honor to our God


Because of the healing miracle that man, the Bible says that "all men glorified God for that which was done."


Acts 4:21 So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding nothing how they might punish them, because of the people: for all men glorified God for that which was done.



● God desires his glory to be seen in you


● Isaiah 60:1-2 ...and his glory shall be seen on you. 3 And the Gentiles shall come to your light...


PURPOSE 6 | To point the eyes of men to Christ, not to us


Acts 3:12 When Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, "Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? Or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our power or holiness we had made this man walk?


Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified His Son Jesus, whom ye delivered up, and denied Him in the presence of Pilate when he was determined to let Him go.


CHAPTER 3 | WHAT TO DO?


When you pray for a supernatural intervention from God, you need to know and make clear before the Lord THE PURPOSE AS MENTIONED AND EXPOSED IN TODAY’S TEACHING.


Pray God for a miracle in your life to draw unbelievers and skeptical men to Him 


Pray God for a miracle in your life to silence your  mockers


Pray God for a miracle in your life to  strengthen your confidence and boldness in the preaching of the Gospel (Acts 4:13)


Pray to God for a miracle in your life to bring glory and honor to Him.


PRAYER POINTS 


• Father, just one miracle performed by the apostles added 5000 men to the church. I pray. Do a miracle in my life that will draw unbelievers and skeptical men to you 


• Father, just one miracle silenced the enemy of the Gospel. I pray. Do a miracle in my life that will silence my mockers (Acts 4:14)


• Father, I pray. Do a miracle in my life that will strengthen my confidence and boldness in the preaching of the Gospel (Acts 4:13)


• Father, because of one miracle all men glorified God. I pray. Do a miracle that will bring glory and honor to you my God (Acts 4:21)


SO SHALL IT BE IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !


JESUS IS LORD ! 


✍ Pst T D Kasuku

No comments:

Post a Comment