Monday 12 June 2023

WEEK OF CONTENTION | STUDY CASE: ISRAEL | CONTEND FOR YOUR PROMISED LAND | MONDAY 12TH JUNE 2023

WEEK OF CONTENTION | STUDY CASE: ISRAEL | CONTEND FOR YOUR PROMISED LAND



● This is the week where we are saying, 'I WILL CONTEND'


● The kingdom of God is the Kingdom of responsibility. God does not entertain irresponsibility and immaturity. 


● God wants his people to take responsibility over their lives.


● In Deuteronomy 2:24  God gave an instruction to the Israelites as they were entering the promised land. 


Rise ye up, take your journey, and pass over the river Arnon: behold, I have given into thine hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his land:  begin to possess it, and contend with him in battle.


● We don’t contend to be given. We contend for what has been already and freely given to us by God.


● God gives us freely. We possess it forcefully.


WHAT DOES CONTEND MEAN?


● Contend means to fight in order to move our God-given possession from the spiritual realm to the physical realm.


● CHAPTER 1 | WHY CONTEND? 


● Deut 2:24 shows there are enemies in the land. We contend to drive away them away.


● In every promise land there are giants. Giants can be sickness, divorce, alcoholisim, barreness,  infidelity, poverty


● We must contend because the enemy is a stubborn enemy.


● CHAPTER 2 | WHAT ARE WE CONTENDING FOR?


1.Territory. Deuteronomy 2:24


● The land is already given. Contend to possess it.


If you don’t contend, the enemy will kick you out of your territory. ( Mat 12:43-45 )


2. For the salvation of the unsaved. Isaiah 49:25-27


● There is no salvation without contention.


● The price for salvation has been already paid. But the enemy still resists the freedom of his captives.


● Contend for the salvation and the freedom of your loved ones. ( Isaiah 49:25 )


3. For the fulfillment of God’s Promises. 1 Timothy 1:18


● The promises are there but the fulfillment will require contention.


● Any word of prophecy from God is already done and settled in heaven. ( Psalms 119:89 )


● The area of your battle is the area of your prophesies ( 1 Timothy 1:18, Gen 12:3 )


● When you contend, contend with the prophecy. The word God has spoken over your life. 


4. To access open doors. 1 Corinthians 16:9


● Doors are already opened and no devil can shut it. Revelation 3:8


● It's you to contend against the adversaries appointed to prevent you access. ( 1 Cor 16:9 ) 


● The devil doesn’t have the key. Jesus does. All he can do to prevent you access is to intimidate and paralyze you with fear. ( Rev 3:18 )


5. For the answer to your prayers


● God has already answered you. ( Dan 10:12-13 )


● Contend to clear the opposition of the Prince of Persia hindering the answer to your prayer to reach you where you are. 


● Fear not. God has already given you. Take responsibility and contend.


● CHAPTER 3 | HOW TO CONTEND


1. Contend with the Word/promise/prophecy 


● What God has promised you, use that word to contend.


● Acts 1:4 ... wait for the promise of the Father, which saith he, ye have heard of me.


2.Contend by confessing the word you have heard from God.


3. Contend  with the actions of faith.


● The only proof of your faith is your action. I have not seen it but I believe in it. 


● You don't contend sitting,  you contend acting.  Nobody goes forward sitting, you go forward advancing.

 

● PRAYER GUIDELINES


Father, I declare in the name of Christ


● I will go forward and not stagnate. 


● I will not lack bread and water. Prosperity is my portion.


● I will not be sick. Good health is my portion. 


● My store house will never be empty. My basket will never be empty. My basket is blessed.


● No accident, no incident. I am protected in Jesus Name.


● What ears have not heard and eyes have not seen is my portion. 


● I receive the grace to contend. I will contend for my salvation, deliverance,  next level,  next generation, family, ministry, for the work of my hands and for my finances.


● I will not die in poverty. I will contend until I get the results. 


● I will contend for my prophecies, my promise land, for all what God has already given me. 


In the name of Jesus Christ the son of the Living God. Amen


✍🏽 Pastor TD Kasuku

No comments:

Post a Comment