Thursday 9 March 2023

*THE SIEGE IS OVER | DAY 39/40 | EVENING SESSION*

 *THE SIEGE IS OVER | DAY 39/40 | EVENING SESSION*




*REFERENCE : JUDGES 6:1-6*


● *WHAT IS THE SIEGE?*


● *Siege* comes from the Latin word meaning TO SIT.


*Rev 17:1* And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 


*Rev 17:9* And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 


*Rev 17:15*  And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. 


● Tonight, God is calling us to show unto us the judgment of that great whore sitting upon our lives in the Name Of Jesus Christ !


● The *Siege* is the camping of an enemy outside a city with walls to force it to give in. They do not allow anyone to enter or leave the city. So the people in the city may be unable to find food, fuel and water. The aim is to make them very weak before the soldiers attack.


*Jdg 6:3* And so it was, when Israel had sown, that the Midianites came up, and the Amalekites, and the children of the east, even they came up against them; 


*Jdg 6:4* And they encamped against them, and destroyed the increase of the earth, till thou come unto Gaza, and left no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep, nor ox, nor ass. 


*Jdg 6:5* For they came up with their cattle and their tents, and they came as grasshoppers for multitude; for both they and their camels were without number: and THEY ENTERED into the land to DESTROY IT. 


*A siege* of the enemy happens where we open the door to the enemy. 

Tonight God is calling us to close the doors opened to the enemy in the Name Of Jesus Christ !


*WHAT HAPPENS IN THE SIEGE?*


*Jdg 6:2* And the hand of Midian prevailed against Israel: and because of the Midianites the children of Israel made them the dens which are in the mountains, and caves, and strong holds. 


*SYMPTOM OF THE SIEGE 1* | 


… the hand of Midian prevailed …


In the siege, the hand of the enemy prevails. The enemy has the upper hand. The hand f the enemy is stronger than you. 


*Act 12:1* Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. 


*Act 12:2* And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. 


*Act 12:3* And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) 


*Micah 5:12 KJV* And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:


*TONIGHT, ANY EVIL HAND STRETCHED AGAINST YOU TO VEX YOU, TO FRUSTRATE YOU, WILL BE CUT OFF IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !!!!!*


*SYMPTOM OF THE SIEGE 2 |


You try to rise the head, but a strange force pull your head down the earth. You don’t have strength to confront, to fight. You run away. You hide. You feel ashamed. Your esteem is affected, attacked.


… because of the Midianites the children of Israel made them the dens which are in the mountains, and caves, and strong holds. …


*Zechariah 1:21* Then said I, What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but these are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it. 


*TONIGHT, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE GRACE TO LIFT UP YOUR HEAD. TONIGHT, ANY FORCE MEANT TO PULL YOUR HEAD DOWN WILL FALL UNDER JUDGMENT IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !!!!!*


*SYMPTOM OF THE SIEGE 3 |


The siege of the enemy always comes with the purpose of impoverishment,destruction of the crops , destruction of the harvest


*Judges 6:3* And so it was, when Israel had sown, that the Midianites came up, and the Amalekites, and the children of the east, even they came up against them; 


*Judges 6:4* And they encamped against them, and destroyed the increase of the earth, till thou come unto Gaza, and left no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep, nor ox, nor ass. 


*Judges 6:6* And Israel was greatly impoverished because of the Midianites; and the children of Israel cried unto the LORD. 


When you are under siege, you sow your seed and the enemy eats the fruit. You don’t enjoy it.  You are fruitless. You miscarry. Your efforts are wasted. You are frustrated. It is a curse.


*Leviticus 26:16* I also will do this to you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.


TONIGHT, THE SIEGE OF CURSE OVER YOUR LIFE WILL BE DESTROYED IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !!!


*WHAT TO DO?*


*1-ARISE*


● In *Judges 5:7*, we read this about Deborah, "Villages in Israel were deserted *until I, Deborah, arose ...*"


● Deborah is teaching us today a major lesson for our lives ... " *UNTIL YOU ARISE, THE SIEGE WILL CONTINUE*"


● When your *life is under the siege of the enemy*, you live in straightness, limitation, stagnation, restriction, you have nothing to show in life, …


● Friend, God has endowed you with gifts, talents, capacities so that you can have a global impact. Do not limit your life in the four corners of your house. Have a global vision of your life.


● Until you arise, that siege of the enemy over your life, your health, your finances, your children, your emotions, your feelings will continue ....


● Today, like Deborah, Arise! Fast ! Break the siege of the enemy!

*Father, in the Name Of Jesus Christ, thank you for...*


●  The siege of fruitless efforts, serial failures, defeat and assaults of the devil is broken. ( *Rom 8:37*)


● The siege of chronic diseases over my heath is broken ( *3 John 2*



*2)Become uncomfortable with their situation.*


The 4 lepers got tired of begging. They got tired of living as downcast. They got tired of depending and leaning on others for their daily bread.


Lesson: No one changes whatever he is comfortable with. Comfort always brings .... while discomfort always brings transformation.


*3) Ask yourself why*


The 4 lepers engaged a brainstorming session to produce ideas, process them and find out ways of solving their problem.


Why do I seem not to be making progress?

Why am I poor? Why are things tight for me?

Why am I always in trouble? Why can’t I achieve like my colleagues who are genuinely doing well not thieves and corrupters?

Why is the ministry not moving forward?

Why is my marriage what it is?

If you are separated or divorced, why am I separated or divorced?

Why am I not making progress in my academics?

Why is my business stagnating or stagnated?

Why am I not married? Why am I not pregnant? Why is my wife not pregnant? Why can’t I keep my job? Why do I have sleepless nights? Why can’t I push my ideas through?

Why is the nation in famine?

Why this, why that? Why can’t we change our destiny? Why can’t we take a bold step of faith, of adventure to success?

Why am I living in the fear of the unknown?


The 4 lepers didn't look for who to blame but they looked for why things were the way they were in order to find out what appropriate actions to take to change it.


*Lesson* : As long as you have not found out the cause ... Why things are not working in my life (my marriage? my ministry? my relationships? my spiritual life?...) Why am I where I am in my life? Why am I not working? Why am I not married? Why am I always sick?

 

*4)TAKE ACTION*


The 4 lepers said to themselves : If we stay here, we will die. If we go back to the city we will also die. But if we go to the camp of the enemy, we might live or die.


They rose up early in the morning and moved. They took action.

 

*Lesson* : As they were moving, the Lord moved with them. The Lord transformed their footsteps into noise of horses. 


As they were moving, the Syrians were fleeing. The only proof of faith is the move you take.


*PRAYER POINTS*


● The siege over my emotions and feelings and freeing me from being crushed down, depressed, miserable, unhappy, wounded, fearful, lack of confidence, full of tears is broken ( *Ps 1031:1*)


● The siege of poverty over my finances is broken. My job, hidden gifts and financial breakthrough is released ( *2 Cor 8:9*)


*Pastor TD KASUKU*

No comments:

Post a Comment