Tuesday 30 January 2018

PRAYERS OF CONQUEST 2018 ... DAY 20 ... CONQUER THE SPIRIT OF REVENGE

TUESDAY 30.01.2018
DAY 20
CONQUER THE SPIRIT OF REVENGE


SCRIPTURE



Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” (Romans 12:19)
Revenge is defined as an action of inflicting hurt or harm on someone for an injury or wrong suffered at their hands. It is also a harm done to someone as a punishment for harm that they have done to someone else. Seeking revenge is therefore looking to retaliate for a wrong that has been done.

From Scriptures we learn and discover that any revengeful man or woman carry with them 4 evil spirits: hatred, bitterness, anger and unforgiveness. 

Therefore, dealing with revengefulness implies dealing with those 4 evil powers of darkness which are terribly destructive. How do I conquer the spirit of revenge ?

1st way: REPENT

You must admit that doing wrong to someone because he did wrong to you doesn’t make you right. No matter the reason, evil is evil, wrong is wrong and sin is sin.
"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy." (Proverbs 28:13)
2nd way : RISE ABOVE EVIL

You never overcome evil with evil but with good. You never overcome wrong with wrong. You never overcome negative with negative. You never overcome sin with sin. You never overcome hatred with hatred. You never overcome bitterness with bitterness. You never overcome anger with anger. You never overcome unforgiveness with unforgiveness.

You have the choice between being overcomer or being overwhelmed.
If you choose to be overcomer, then choose to rise above evil, wrong, negative, sin, hatred, bitterness, anger and unforgiveness by loving and doing good.
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.(Romans 12:21)
"But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you," (Luke 6:27)

3rd way: FORGIVE, REST IN GOD AND LET HIM AVENGE YOU

Anytime you take revenge on someone, you steal what doesn’t belong to you because God says “vengeance is mine”. As a thief, you fall under the curse due to the thieves and you will restitute sevenfold of all your substance (Proverbs 6:31).

The point is that taking revenge will cost you more than the offenses have cost you. It is therefore more profitable for you to rest in God and let him avenge you.
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” (Romans 12:19)

PROPHETIC INTERCESSORY PRAYERS

PRAYER 1 | Father, I come before you today and repent for being revengeful toward those who hurt me. I have sinned against you. Forgive me and cleanse me with the blood of your Son Jesus Christ. 
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 
=====================================

PRAYER 2 | Father, I choose to be an overcomer and not an overwhelmed. I choose to rise above not to be crushed below the offenses. I pray that you grant me strength by your Spirit to render good to evil and not evil to evil. 

Grant me supernatural strength to do good regardless of the offenses of the enemies. Grant me strength to love despite the hatred of the haters. Grant me supernatural strength to bless despite the curses of the wicked.

=====================================


PRAYER 3 | Father, I surrender totally to you today. I give up on taking revenge. I give up on holding grudge. I give up on planning and wishing evil toward my enemy. Avenge me yourself and fight my battle.

 IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !
JESUS IS LORD !


Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International
Nairobi/Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment