Saturday 27 January 2018

PRAYERS OF CONQUEST 2018 ... DAY 17 ... YOU MUST CONQUER ANGER ...

PRAYERS OF CONQUEST 2018
DAY 17
"YOU MUST CONQUER ANGER"


Genesis 4:7 “… sin is lying outside your door ready to attack. It wants to control you, but you must master it."

When you are angry, don’t look for someone to blame, to stone, to hurt or to kill. Cain was angry and killed his brother Abel. Moses was angry and broke the tablets of the law. Moses was again angry and failed to give glory to the Lord who denied him access to the promise land. How many people have you ever killed because of anger ? How many things have you ever broken because of anger ? How many doors of blessing have you ever closed because of anger ?

Instead of accusing others, take personal responsibility and answer the following questions from the Lord himself :

1st question : "And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?" (Genesis 4:6)

2nd questionThe LORD asked, "What right do you have to be angry?" (Jonah 4:4)


TO CONQUER ANGER, keep in mind those 4 truths:

Truth 1 : No one makes you angry (stop blaming others)
Truth 2 : It is you who are angry (take responsibility)
Truth 3 : Anger is in you (take action to overcome it and cast it out)
Truth 4 : Anger is not an excuse for sin. You still and always have the choice between winning and sinning. (you do not sin because of anger but because you choose to)
Genesis 4:7 “… sin is lying outside your door ready to attack. It wants to control you, but you must master it."
Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

PRAYER GUIDELINES

PRAYER 1

My Father and Lord, I come before you and pray together with the psalmist : examine my heart, prove my heart, search my heart, know my heart, try my heart and expose everything hidden in me causing this anger.

Psalms 26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

Psalms 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

PRAYER 2

My Father and my Lord, you are my helper. Forgive me for blaming and accusing others instead of taking full responsibility of my actions. Forgive me for behaving like Cain who ignored your advice and preferred to do things his own way. 

Father, I come before you and pray that you will help me to overcome anger and do your will and only your will.

PRAYER 3

My Father and my Lord, help me to have more self-control. I pray you rebuild in me by your power any wall broken down because of lack of self control. 

In the Name of Jesus Christ, I close the door to the devil and his demons. 

In the Name of Jesus Christ, I pray that you will train me like an athlete to be strong and determined. 

In the Name of Jesus Christ, I pray that you will help me to exercise muscles of forgiveness, patience and peacemaking. Help me also to be freed from past hurts and confusions so that I can run free.  


SO SHALL IT BE!
JESUS IS LORD!

Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International
NAIROBI/KENYA


No comments:

Post a Comment