Friday 6 October 2017

40 DAYS AT JESUS' FEET MIRACLE 21 "THE POWER OF REPENTANCE"

FRIDAY 06.10.2017
MIRACLE 21 : JESUS HEALS THE PARALYTIC
TEXT : MARK 2: 1-12


Today's miracle is about a paralytic man carried by four of his friends to Jesus for a miracle. Though there was no way to access to the Lord, those four people found a way through the roof of the house to expose the sick before the Lord. 

As soon as Jesus saw the paralytic, he says to him "Son, thy sins be forgiven thee." (Mark 2:5). 

After forgiving his sins Jesus granted him his miracle. 

No matter the excuses people make to cover and justify sins, we must understand that sins are highly poisonous and carry a high destructive power not only for the soul and for the spirit but also for the body.

If Jesus has forgiven the sins of the paralytic before he releases his healing, it shows that his sickness was a consequence of his sins.

From Scriptures, we learn the following truths concerning sin

1st truth : SIN IS PLEASURABLE BUT THE PLEASURE OF SIN LASTS BUT FOR A SHORT TIME. HOWEVER ITS CONSEQUENCES ARE INNUMERABLE AND ETERNAL.
Hebrews 11:25 "He chose to suffer with God’s people rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a little while."

2nd truth : SIN SEPARATES MAN FROM GOD AND PREVENTS GOD TO ANSWER YOUR PRAYERS

Isaiah 59:2 "But your iniquities have separated you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear."

3rd truth : SIN KEEPS AWAY GOOD THINGS FROM YOU; TURNS AWAY GOOD THINGS FROM YOU. Sin opens doors to curses (CAN CAUSE PHYSICAL OR EMOTIONAL SICKNESSES)

Jeremiah 5:25 Your wickedness has turned these things away. Your sins have kept good things away from you.

4th thing : UNREPENTED SIN LEADS STRAIGHT TO HELL (ETERNAL DAMNATION)

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the Kingdom of God? Be not deceived: Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor the effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Galatians 5:21 envying, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like. About these things I tell you again, as I have also told you in times past: that those who do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.
Revelation 21:8 BUT THE FEARFUL, AND UNBELIEVING, AND THE ABOMINABLE, AND MURDERERS, AND WHOREMONGERS, AND SORCERERS, AND IDOLATERS, AND ALL LIARS, SHALL HAVE THEIR PART IN THE LAKE WHICH BURNETH WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE, WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH."

5th truth : SIN COMES ALONG WITH SHAME, GUILT, DISHONOR, EMBARRASSEMENT, LIFE PREDICAMENTS, ...

Jude 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

WHAT TO DO TO LIVE VICTORIOUSLY OVER THE POWER OF SIN?

1st key : You cannot overcome the power of sin unless you are born again. You cannot be born again unless you have faith in Jesus Christ.
1 John 5:4 Whosoever is born of God overcometh the world. And this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
2nd key : Stop covering your sin by giving excuses, by justifying yourself, by accusing others or the circumstances ... Admit your sin, acknowledge it, mention it, be specific about it
Proverbs 28:13 and Psalms 51:3
3rd key : Purpose in your mind and in your heart to dedicate and devote your life totally to Jesus Christ.

Daniel 1:8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank. Therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
4th key : Choose to belong to a company of those who pursue what you pursue.
2 Timothy 2:22 Stay away from lusts which tempt young people. Pursue what has God’s approval. Pursue faith, love, and peace together with those who worship the Lord with a pure heart.
ENGAGE TODAY'S PRAYER TO REPENT FOR SINS WHICH KEEP YOU IN BONDAGE

PRAYER 1 : WE REPENT FOR REPEATED SINS


It is written “affliction will never rise again a second time” (Nahum 1:9)
My God my Father, I’m trapped in an endless cycle of sins. I break this cycle today in the Name of Jesus Christ ! I rebuke it today in the name of Jesus Christ ! I curse its root today in the name of Jesus Christ ! 

PRAYER 2 : WE REPENT FOR THE SIN OF PRIDE


it is written in 2 Corinthians 10:5casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ,…”
My God my Father, my heart swells by reason of pride. The sin of pride causes my heart to become insensitive, unresponsive, indifferent, unconcerned to your warnings. Today, I pull down the stronghold of pride in my heart and I ask you FATHER TO HAVE MERCY ON ME . . . IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !!!

PRAYER 3 : REPENT FOR THE SIN OF THE LUST OF THE FLESH AND THE LUST OF THE EYES.

It is written in  1 Corinthians 9:27I keep control of my body, and bring it into subjection” 
My God my Father, I’m undisciplined with my eyes, with my mouth, with my sexual behavior, with my prayer life…I come to you with a repented heart. Forgive my lack of discipline in different areas of my life and help me to walk victoriously 

PRAYER 4 : REPENT FOR UNGODLY FOUNDATIONS


It is written in Acts 16:26 "Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed."
My God my Father, the foundations on which I build my life, my marriage, my relationships, my ministry, … are wrong, ungodly and wicked …I come to you with unveiled face and pray that your mighty power pulls them down. 

Shake those wrong foundations and build my life on right foundations IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME !!! (Acts 16:26)


PRAYER 5 : REPENT FOR SPIRITUAL LAZINESS


IT IS WRITTEN, “The fire shall ever be burning upon the altar; it shall never go out” (Leviticus 6:13).
My God my Father, my prayer life is not constant. I lack commitment and consistency. IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, ignite the flame of passionate, fervent, zealous prayer life in my heart. I declare and I decree from today “The fire shall ever be burning upon the altar; it shall never go out” (Leviticus 6:13).

PRAYER 6 : REPENT FOR SEXUAL SINS


It is written in Psalm 38:22Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.” 
It is written in Psalm 40:13Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me."
It is written in Romans 7:24O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
My God my Father, sexual integrity is still an issue for me. I still struggle with it. My FATHER, I’m helpless. I therefore surrender totally to you. Come to my help as your word says,

PRAYER 7 : REPENT FOR THE SIN OF LIE

It is written in Psalm 120:2Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips and from a deceitful tongue.”
It is written in Proverbs 30:8Remove far from me vanity and lies …” 
My God my Father, I lie to myself. I lie to others. I lie to the Lord. I lie to the Holy Spirit. I lie to the Father. I’m not true to myself and to others. I come to you with an unveiled face. Forgive me and deliver me from  the snare of self-deception. Have mercy on me IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME !!!


PRAYER 8 : REPENT FOR THE SIN OF COVENANTS BREAKING (covenant of tithing, covenant of serving God, covenant of seeking God, covenant of attending the fellowship,...)
It is written in Psalm 25:10All the paths of the LORD [are] mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.”
My God my Father, I’m not a covenant-keeping man/woman. I’m a covenant breaker man/woman. Have mercy on me as I RECEIVE THE GRACE OF COVENANT KEEPING IN JESUS NAME !

IN JESUS PRECIOUS NAME !
JESUS IS LORD !


Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International
Nairobi/Kenya 

No comments:

Post a Comment