Sunday 1 October 2017

40 DAYS AT JESUS' FEET MIRACLE 16 "THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU . YOUR LAZARUS WILL RAISE AGAIN."

SUNDAY 01.10.2017
MIRACLE 16 : JESUS BRINGS LAZARUS BACK TO LIFE
READINGS : John 11


Today's miracle is about the resurrection of Lazarus who used to be good friend to Jesus with Martha and Mary. 

It came to pass that Lazarus fell sick at the point of death. Martha and Mary his sisters called Jesus to come and heal him but Jesus didn't come at their expected time. 

As a matter of fact, Lazarus died and was buried without any confirmation from Jesus whether he would come or not.

Four days later after all hope was gone because Lazarus was buried and was already stinking, Jesus shows up to bring him back to life. 

From today's miracle the Holy Spirit is teaching us ...... lessons

LESSON 1 : “Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus,” (John 11:5)

I don't know what you go through, but one thing I know is that Jesus loves you. In the midst of your pain, trial, opposition, hard time, never doubt his love, never question his love, have faith in his love, be convinced of his love, confess his love and rely on his love.

The Lord says to you today in Isaiah 54:10 KJV
"For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee."
۝ ۝ ۝ ۝ ۝

LESSON 2 : "Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick." (John 11:3)

Just because Jesus loves you doesn't mean that you will never be challenged. Yes, you will be challenged in one way or another (in your health, in your finances, in your relationship,...). But one thing the love of Jesus will not permit is to let you be defeated by the challenge.

Also, no challenge ever occurs without a purpose. The major and main purpose of every challenge God allows in our lives is his glory as it is written in 2 Corinthians 4:17 KJV
"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory"
۝ ۝ ۝ ۝ ۝

LESSON 3 : "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died." (John 11:21/32)

By their declaration, Martha and Mary are in a certain way blaming Jesus for coming late. They are blaming Jesus for not coming when they were expecting him to come. They were blaming Jesus for delaying.

First of all, it's important for you to know that your time is not God's time. Your ways are not God's ways. Your thoughts are not God's thoughts. Your mind is not God's mind. Your calendar is not God's calendar.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:9 KJV)

Secondly, it is important for you to know that God is the Lord of time and of circumstances. As a matter of fact, God never delays, God is never late and God is never slow.
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)

Thirdly, it is important for you to know that God's time is always the best.
"He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end." (Ecclesiastes 3:11 KJV)
۝ ۝ ۝ ۝ ۝

LESSON 4 : "Your brother shall rise again, do you believe?" (John 11:23)

After Martha has finished blaming Jesus for his delay,. Jesus is now dealing with Martha's faith.

When they sent messengers to Jesus, Martha and Mary had faith in his healing power. Now that he is dead, Jesus is challenging her if she has faith in his resurrection power.

Jesus is challenging your faith today. Do you have faith that Jesus is able to heal you from that terminal disease? Do you have faith that Jesus is able to provide to this amount that looks colossal to you?  Do you have faith that Jesus is able to open that door that looks impossible to open?

۝ ۝ ۝ ۝ ۝

LESSON 5 : "I am the Resurrection and Life" (Jean 11:25)

After Jesus has asked Martha whether she had faith that her brother would be raised from the dead, Martha is still struggling to believe in the Resurrection Power of Jesus Christ. Then, Jesus goes straight to the point telling her : I AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE.

It sounds like Jesus is telling her : "Don't have faith in me for what I can do. Have faith in me for who I am. I am greater than what you expect me to do for you."

Do you have faith in Jesus for what he can do or do you have faith in Jesus for who he is? Who is Jesus Christ for you?

۝ ۝ ۝ ۝ ۝

LESSON 6 : Jesus says, "Take away the stone."

In every miracle, there is always God's part and man's part. There is always what you have to do and what God has to do. There is always in one hand what only you have to do and God cannot do for you and in another hand what you cannot do and only God can do for you.

Jesus will not take away the stone for you. You have to do it by yourself. 

What is the stone standing between you and your miracle? It can be sin. It can be pride. It can be laziness. It can be unforgiveness. It can be sexual immorality. It can be gossip. It can be lack of faith. It can be lust etc.

No matter what the stone is, Jesus' instruction is non negotiable: TAKE IT AWAY.

۝ ۝ ۝ ۝ ۝

LESSON 7 : LAZARUS, COME FORTH ! (John 11:43-44)

If God created everything by his Word, then everything created by God has ears. Otherwise, nothing could have come into existence.

Once again, this miracle is a clear sign that JESUS IS GOD 

By commanding Lazarus to come out of the tomb, Jesus Christ was not speaking to him as a friend speaks to his friend, but as God speaks to his creature.

PROPHETIC PRAYERS 
"THERE IS HOPE FOR ME"

DECLARATIONS PART 1

No matter how long my case has taken, there is hope for me!
No matter what the doctors have said, there is hope for me!
No matter how deteriorated is my marriage, there is hope for me!
No matter how empty is my bank account, there is hope for me!
No matter how damaged my health is, there is hope for me!
No matter how devastated my emotions and feelings are, there is hope for me!
No matter bad the economy of my country is, there is hope for me!
No matter how impossible my case is, there is hope for me!

DECLARATIONS PART 2 : 

1st reason : There is hope for me because my God lives

Pray with Job 19:25-27
  
2nd reason : There is hope for me because I am alive

Pray with Ecclesiastes 9:4

3rd reason : There is hope for me God never changes

Pray with Malachi 3:6 

4th reason : There is hope for me because Christ died and came back to life

Pray with Acts 2:24

5th reason : There is hope for me because nothing is impossible with God

Pray with Luke 1:37

6th reason : There is hope for me because all things are possible to him that believeth.

Pray with Matthew 17:20

7th reason : There is hope for me because weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Pray with Psalm 30:5 (30-6)

8th reason : There is hope for me because I am ordained to be a winner 

Pray with Matthew 24:13

9th reason : There is hope for me because God is the covenant keeping God who will never abandon me

Pray with Isaiah 30:18

10th reason : There is hope for me because it is impossible for God to lie

Pray with Hebrew 6:18

11ème reason : There is hope for me because I am ordained to never be ashamed again

Pray with Joel 2:26-27

12th reason : There is hope for me because God is my Father

Pray with Matthew 7:11

13th reason : There is hope for me because the door of miracle is always opened before me by my Father

Pray with Revelation 3:8

14th reason : There is hope for me because the Word of God is the Light ever shinning in the darkness of the world

Pray with Psalm 119:105

15th reason : There is hope for me because the Father which hath begun a good work in me will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Pray with Psalm 138:8

SO SHALL IT BE!
JESUS IS LORD! 


Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International
NAIROBI/KENYA

No comments:

Post a Comment