Wednesday 6 September 2017

⏩ COVENANT MONTH OF DIFFERENCE ⏪ DAY 6 "NO LESS THAN GOD'S BEST"

No one ever makes any difference in any area of his life by just speaking about it, sleeping on his bed, folding his arms or watching TV from morning to evening. 

A lifestyle of difference does not answer to those who wish it or watch it happen but those who arise and say to themselves, 
"I WILL NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS. I WILL PURSUE GOD'S BEST"
You have to get sick and tired of being sick and tired before you will aggressively pursue God’s best. You have to have a holy dissatisfaction with mediocrity before you can experience all that God has for you. It doesn’t happen accidentally or automatically. If you don’t pursue it, you won’t get it.


1st case : THE FOUR LEPERS AT THE GATE OF SAMARIA

The four lepers sitting at the gate of Samaria were sick and tired of poverty, of sitting at the gate begging, of being a burden to others. One day, they spoke to one another, and decided to arise and go to the camp of the Syrians.

In  2 Kings 7:3, we read this,
"And there were four leprous men at the entering in of the gate: and they said one to another, Why sit we here until we die?"
As they arose and moved, the Syrians who were holding back their wealth fled and left everything behind. In one night, their story changed and through them the story of the whole nation changed as well  

It is written in 2 Kings 7:7 
"Wherefore they arose and fled in the twilight, and left their tents, and their horses, and their asses, even the camp as it was, and fled for their life."

2nd case : THE PRODIGAL SON

The prdigal son who left his father fell down in a miserable life . He found himself feeding swine, suffering hunger and unable to provide his needs. His misery is well described in Luke 15:14-16,
"And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him."

In the midst of his misery, the young man comes to himself when he realizes the servants in his father’s home have plenty of food and don’t go hungry. He says, 
“I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you’ ” (Luke 15:18).
It is only when he arose in Luke 15:20 that the Father ran to him and received him back putting the end of his miserable and sinful life.
"And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him." (Luke 15:20)



WHAT DOES IT TAKE? IT TAKES THINKING AND ACTING



1) Both the lepers and the prodigal son got sick and tired with their current situation and gave themselves time to think through the way forward to stop it.

The lepers asked themselves, "Why sit we here until we die?" (2 Kings 7:3)


The prodigal son in the other side asked himself also this question, "How many of my father’s hired men have more food than they can eat, while I’m starving to death here?" (Luke 15:17)

You are not going to make much difference in life until you are a friend of ‘why’! Why is a motivational three letter word. So don’t throw away the whys of your life, stir them up until you find solution to your life.

QUESTION TO PONDER : 

Why do I seem not to be making progress?
Why am I poor? Why are things tight for me?
Why am I always in trouble? 
Why can’t I achieve like my colleagues who are genuinely doing well not thieves and corrupters?
Why is the ministry not moving forward?
Why is my marriage what it is?
If you are separated or divorced, why am I separated or divorced?
Why am I not making progress in my academics?
Why is my business stagnating or stagnated?
Why am I not married? 
Why am I not pregnant? 
Why is my wife not pregnant? 
Why can’t I keep my job? 
Why do I have sleepless nights? 
Why can’t I push my ideas through?
Why is the nation in famine?
Why this, why that? 
Why can’t we change our destiny? 
Why can’t we take a bold step of faith, of adventure to success?

Why am I living in the fear of the unknown?

2) Both the lepers and the prodigal son took action to change their unwanted situation

In 2 Kings 7:5, the Bible says that the four lepers "AROSE” to go unto the camp of the Syrians. 

In Luke 15:20 the Bible says that the prodigal son "AROSE" to go back to his Father. 

QUESTION TO PONDER : 

Which actions can you take today that will make a difference in your life and in the life of those around you.
DECLARE AND CONFESS ...
😔 The same way the fish is born to swim and the bird to fly, the same way I am born to reflect the image of love, of power, of dominion, of greatness of my Creator. Therefore, in the Name of Jesus Christ, I will never settle for less!
SO SHALL IT BE!
JESUS IS LORD! 

Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International

No comments:

Post a Comment