Friday 8 September 2017

⏩ COVENANT MONTH OF DIFFERENCE ⏪ DAY 8 "STOP MAKING EXCUSES"


KEY STATEMENT

Excuses are rationalizations we make to ourselves about people, events and circumstances. They are invented reasons we create to defend our behavior, to neglect taking a particular kind of action, or simply as a means of negating responsibility. Excuses are in essence a means of placing blame OF an internal problem ON an external condition.


SOME COMMON EXCUSES IN THE BIBLE

In Scriptures, some people made excuses we usually make too to avoid taking responsibility and taking action toward our God given destiny.

1st excuse of Moses: THEY WILL NOT BELIEVE IN ME
Exodus 4:1 And Moses, answering, said, It is certain that they will not have faith in me or give ear to my voice; for they will say, You have not seen the Lord.

2nd excuse  of Moses : I AM NOT ELOQUENT (= I AM NOT A GOOD SPEAKER; I AM NOT A MAN OF WORDS) 
Exodus 4:10 "And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I [am] not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I [am] slow of speech, and of a slow tongue."

3rd excuse of Moses : THEY WILL NOT HEAR ME BECAUSE MY LIPS ARE UNCLEAN
Exodus 6:12 "And Moses, answering the Lord, said, See, the children of Israel will not give ear to me; how then will Pharaoh give ear to me, whose lips are unclean?"


4th excuse of Gideon : MY FAMILY IS POOR. I AM THE LEAST IMPORTANT

Judges 6:15 "And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family [is] poor in Manasseh, and I [am] the least in my father’s house."

5th excuse of Jeremiah : I CANNOT SPEAK. I AM A CHILD
Jeremiah 1:6 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I [am] a child.

6th excuse of Zacharias : I AND MY WIFE ARE OLD 
Luke 1:18 "And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years."

7th excuse of people called to follow Christ : I WILL FOLLOW YOU LATER NOT NOW
Luke 9:59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

8th excuse of people invited have supper with the king : I AM NOT READY. I CANNOT COME. 
Luke 14:17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.




THE CONSEQUENCES OF MAKING EXCUSES

1.   Excuses limit God and limit you (Numbers 11:23) 
2.   Excuses bury your potential, block your imagination and hinder your glorious destiny (Matthew 25:18)
3.   Excuses disqualify you from the blessings attached to serving God and the interests of the Kingdom of God (Luke 14:24)
4.   Excuses make you and keep you a failure while you should be a shining star (Isaiah 60:1)
5.   Excuses magnify the outward giants of impossibilities and kill the inward giant of unlimited possibilities in you (Numbers 13:33)
6.   Excuses prevent you from facing challenges so that you will never take personal responsibility and you will never discover and encounter who you really are (1 Corinthians 15:10)
7.   Excuses keep you in your confort zone and prisoner of fear : fear of Failure, fear of embarrassment, fear of success, fear of change, fear of uncertainty, fear of responsibility, fear of making mistakes,...(Hebrews 2:15)
8.   Excuses pave your way to hell (Revelation 21:8)

KEYS TO STOP MAKING EXCUSES

1st Key : MAKE THE KING AND THE KINGDOM YOUR ULTIMATE PRIORITY.
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

2nd Key : MAKE YOURSELF AVAILABLE AND GOD WILL MAKE YOU CAPABLE.


Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

3rd Key : IDENTIFY AND LOCATE THE AREA OF YOUR EXCUSES AND RISE THE STANDARD OF YOUR LIFE AT THE LEVEL OF WHAT GOD SAYS TO YOU AND NEVER ALLOW ANYTHING LESS.

Isaiah 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

4th Key : YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD OR TOO YOUNG TO DREAM AGAIN AND AGAIN. YOU ARE NEVER TOO RICH OR TOO POOR TO SUCCEED IN LIFE. YOU ARE NEVER TOO BAD OR TOO GOOD TO IMPACT OTHERS IN THIS WORLD. ALL YOU NEED TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN LIFE IS TO HAVE FAITH IN GOD.


Mark 11:22 "And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God."

SO SHALL IT BE!
JESUS IS LORD! 




Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International

No comments:

Post a Comment