Sunday 24 September 2017

40 DAYS AT JESUS' FEET MIRACLE 9 "ENTER INTO YOUR SABBATH"

SUNDAY 24.09.2017
MIRACLE 9 "JESUS HEALS THE MAN WITH DROPSY" 
TEXT : Luke 14:1-6



INTERCESSORY PRAYER GUIDELINES

FACT 1 : Jesus was invited for a meal by a Pharisee on the Sabbath day. But behind that apparent kind invitation was hidden evil intentions to set a trap to catch Jesus Christ.

In Luke 14:1, it is written, "And it came to pass, as he went into the house of one of the chief Pharisees to eat bread on the sabbath day, that they watched him."
➨LET US PRAY FOR A DISCERNING SPIRIT

- Father, I pray that you grant me a discerning spirit enabling me to detect the truth beyond what appears being true.
  • Read and pray with 1 Corinthians 12:10 
- Father, let the power of your light expose the real identity of the people who hang around me. Let the masks fall off of the face of the fake ones who come in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravening wolves
  • Read and pray with Matthew 7:15-16
⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭

FACT 2 : In this text, the trappers put the man with dropsy before Jesus Christ at the same table as a stumbling block and a snare.



It is written in Luke 14:2 : "And, behold, there was a certain man before him which had the dropsy."

LET US PRAY AGAINST TRAPPERS
- Father, some people are expecting my fall, my failure, my misery so that they can rejoice and mock me. I cry unto you today and I pray that you frustrate their expectations  IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !
  • Read and pray with Acts 12:11
- Father, as evil monitoring agents expect to see me falling, failing, going down or being dead, I confess  that by your grace they will see me rising, succeeding, going up, growing stronger and living longer IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!
  • Read and pray with Acts 28:6
 ⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭

FACT 3 : By the virtue of heavenly wisdom, Jesus turned the stumbling block into a stepping stone and a snare into a sign of his glory.

It is written in Luke 14:3 : "And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day?"

LET US PRAY FOR HEAVENLY WISDOM
- Father, I pray an I ask you that you endow me with the same order of heavenly wisdom Jesus was endowed with on the earth. 
  • Read and pray with Ecclesiastes 9:18; James 1:5 and James 3:17

⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭

FACT 4 : THE FIRST REASON WHY JESUS PERFORMED THE MIRACLE WAS TO SILENCE HIS ADVERSARIES

In Luke 14:4, it is written about Jesus' adversaries that "They held their peace..."

In Luke 14:6, it is written again that "They could not answer him again to these things."

LET US PRAY THE FATHER TO SILENCE THE MOCKER - My Lord Jesus you have promised in your word that "I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist." (Luke 21:15). I pray and ask that you fill me with such wisdom by your Holy Spirit.

  • Read and pray with Luke 21:15
 - Father, in the Name of Jesus Christ, "Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous." (Psalms 31:18)

  • Read and pray with Psalm 8:2

⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭⧭

FACT 5 : THE SECOND REASON WHY JESUS PERFORMED THE MIRACLE WAS TO CAUSE THE MAN TO ENTER INTO HIS SABBATH

In Luke 14:4, it is written,  "And he took [him], and healed him, and let him go"

LET US PRAY TO ENTER OUR SABBATH
- Father, I pray that this season will be my season of rest and restoration. I pray that you cause anyone who is in the pit of sin, depression, debts, corruption, iniquity, ignorance, ... to get out of it today in the Name of Jesus Christ !
  • Read and pray with Zechariah 9:11
- Lord  Jesus, the same way you caused this man with dropsy to enter into his Sabbath, I pray that you cause me also to enter into my rest in my health, in my finances, in my spiritual life, in my ministry, in my marriage, in my country, ...
IN JESUS PRECIOUS NAME !
JESUS IS LORD !


Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International
Nairobi/Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment