Sunday 16 July 2017

⏩ COVENANT MONTH OF PREVAILING PRAYER ⏪ KEY 15: "TAKE GOD AT HIS WORD"



It is an universal principle that if you take someone seriously you will show it by taking his word seriously. This principle is also true and valid as far as Jesus Christ is concerned.

It is not calling Jesus Christ, Lord, Lord that shows how you take him seriously. No. It is when you believe his Word.

The Word you take seriously is the Word you believe. The Word you don't believe is the Word you don't take seriously.

When Jairus' daughter was dead, Jesus came home and said a Word to all those who were mourning, "The maid is not dead, but sleepeth." (Matthew 9:24).

Those who did not believe his Word laughed him to scorn simply because they did not take Him seriously. But after putting forth all the mockers, Jesus went in, and took the maid by the hand, and she arose.

Do you know that not believing God equals mocking God? Do you know that mocking God equals insulting God? Do you know that insulting God equals death?

Take heed that you will not fall into such trap because the Bible says in Galatians 6:7,"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Prevailing in prayer requires taking the Lord at his Word. Many instances and cases in Scriptures demonstrate and prove it. Let us look at two.

1st case: By taking the prophet’s Elijah at his word, the widow of Zarephath secured food for her household in the midst of 3 and half years of famine.

1 Kings 17:15 And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat [many] days.

2nd case: By taking Jesus at his word, Peter experienced supernaturally a net-breaking and boat-sinking order of blessing

Luke 5:5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. Luke 5:6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

INTERCESSORY PRAYERS

PRAYER 1 | PRAY THE FATHER TO FORGIVE YOU YOUR DOUBTS AN YOUR LACK OF REVERENCE TOWARD HIS WORD.

It is written in Hebrews 12:28 "Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:29  For our God is a consuming fire.

"Father, I pray you to forgive me anytime I served and offered my prayers, my devotions and my offerings carelessly and disrespectfully. From henceforth, I pray that you may help me to never ever serve you with the leftover but with the best so that my service can be acceptable to you in Jesus Name!"

PRAYER 2 | PRAY THE FATHER TO ENABLE YOU BY HIS SPIRIT TO BELIEVE EACH WORD THAT PROCEEDETH FROM HIS MOUTH

It is written in John 4:50 (NIV) “Go,” Jesus replied, “your son will live.”The man took Jesus at his word and departed.


"Father, I praise you because you are true and you never lie. I praise you because you are ever reliable and trustworthy. I therefore pray that you help me and enable me to fully trust you and each Word you speak to me so that my desired miracle can be fully delivered in Jesus Name!"

No comments:

Post a Comment