Thursday 27 December 2018

*THURSDAY 26.12.2018* *DAY 18* *HOLD YOUR PEACE*


*READING OF THE DAY*

1 Samuel 10:27 KJVS But the children of Belial said, HOW SHALL THIS MAN SAVE US? And they despised him, and brought him no presents. *BUT HE HELD HIS PEACE*

*MEDITATION OF THE DAY*

The text we have read today is about some people identified as "the children of Belial" who despised Saul when he was anointed and made king of Israel. 

The beauty of the text is the attitude of Saul. He never fought back. He never tried to impress. He never felt offended. Rather, the Bible says, " *He held his peace*".

I'd like to encourage someone today ... 
"NO MATTER WHAT IS GOING ON AROUND YOU, NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY AGAINST YOU, NO MATTER THEIR HATRED OR THEIR REJECTION, HOLD YOUR PEACE".
*HOW AND WHY TO HOLD YOUR PEACE?*

1. Know it is God who has called you not people.
*2 Peter 1:2* Grace and PEACE be multiplied unto you THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, and of Jesus our Lord
2- Learn to quiet yourself by speaking to yourself and encouraging yourself. 
*Psalm 131:2* "Surely I have behaved and *QUIETED MYSELF*, AS A CHILD that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child. "
*1 Samuel 30:6* And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him ... but *David encouraged himself* in the LORD his God.

*CONFESSIONS AND PRAYERS ... HOLD YOUR PEACE ...*

*Say and confess* ... God has validated me as king (queen, handsome, beautiful, smart, clever, ...). I need no validation from anybody.

*Say and confess* ... I am called to please God not to please people.

*Say and confess* ...I'd rather be despised than to despise myself. Despising myself is more dangerous and harmful than to be despised. 

*Say and confess* ... I have a mission designed by God from heaven. No permission from men is needed to fulfill it on the earth.

*Say and confess* ... I will not mind my mockers. They will be silenced by my proofs and my fruits. 


So shall it be
Jesus is Lord
Pastor TD KASUKU
WLC INT'L
NAIROBI/KENYA

No comments:

Post a Comment