Thursday 15 February 2018

WHO IS JESUS CHRIST ? ... DAY 14.. THE MYSTERY OF INCARNATION PART 1

THURSDAY 15.02.2018
DAY 14
THE MYSTERY OF INCARNATION PART I


The Christian doctrine of the Incarnation is the truth revealed in the Bible that Jesus Christ is God the Son come in the flesh—that he is both God and man, deity and humanity, in one person. ... It is absolutely basic to Christianity that Jesus Christ was a real human being.

The apostle John makes this doctrine a test of orthodoxy:

1 John 4:2, "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God."
WHY DID JESUS BECOME A MAN?

1st reason : It is because Jesus took upon Himself the nature of man that He can function as the Redeemer of man.
Hebrews 2:14, "Since then the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil."

2nd reason : It is because Jesus lived His earthly life within the limitations and restrictions of (un-fallen) humanity that He can be touched with the feeling of our infirmities:

Hebrews 4:15, "For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as {we are, yet} without sin."
3rd reason : Jesus lived a human life to leave us an example to follow
John 13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
= PRAYER = PRAYER = PRAYER =

Prayer 1 | By taking human flesh, Jesus Christ took all my infirmities, my diseases and my ailments. I refuse to carry on my body what Jesus has already carried on the cross. I embrace and appropriate my spiritual, emotional, moral, mental and physical health in the name of Jesus Christ!


PRAY WITH MATTHEW 8:17 "Himself took our infirmities, and bare [our] sicknesses."

Prayer 2 | By taking human flesh, Jesus Christ became poor to make me rich. I refuse poverty and lack in all its forms. I am appropriating my wealth and prosperity in the Name of Jesus Christ!
PRAY WITH 2 Corinthians 8:9 "For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich."

PRAYER 3 | By taking human flesh, Jesus Christ took my humanity with all its weaknesses and gave me his divinity with all his power. I have the life of God in me. I have his nature. I have his capacity.
PRAY WITH GALATIANS 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

SO SHALL IT BE
JESUS IS LORD

Pastor TD KASUKU KK
THE WORD OF LIFE CHURCH INT'L 
Nairobi / Kenya 

No comments:

Post a Comment