Saturday 12 August 2017

⏩ COVENANT MONTH OF DOMINION ⏪ DAY 12 "DOMINION OVER DESTRUCTIVE ANGER"


Today Saturday 12, 2017 is ...Day 224. After today there are 141 days remaining in this year.

The Word says today in Ephesians 4:26-27
"Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil.
CAIN'S ANGER



Genesis 4:3 / Genesis 4:6 / Genesis 4:7

Cain’s story teaches us 3 effective ways we can deal with destructive anger.

1. LOCATE THE CAUSE

Genesis 4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

Whenever you are angry, don’t deny your anger but be honest with yourself and ask yourself a question, “why am I angry?”

2. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY 

Genesis 4:7 If you do well, won’t you be accepted? But if you don’t do well, sin is lying outside your door ready to attack. It wants to control you, but you must master it."

When you are angry, don’t look for someone to blame, to stone, to hurt or to kill. Keep in mind those 3 truths:

Truth 1 : No one makes you angry

Truth 2 : It is you who are angry

Truth 3 : Anger is in you


Therefore, instead of accusing others, take full responsibility, and ask yourself those questions:

# is there something I was supposed to do but I didn't?

# is there something I was supposed to do but I didn't do it in the right way?

# is there something I do while I should not do?

# what does the Lord want me to do?

3. CLOSE THE DOOR

Genesis 4:7 “… sin is lying outside your door ready to attack. It wants to control you, but you must master it."

When you are angry, you don’t sin as long as you control it. But when anger controls you, you sin because uncontrolled anger opens doors to Satan and his demons.

Ephesians 4:26-27 ... Don't give the devil any opportunity to work ...

Proverbs 25:28 Like a city broken into and left without a wall, so is a person who lacks self-control.

PRAYER 

😤 My God my Father,

I come before you and pray together with the psalmist : examine my heart, prove my heart, search my heart, know my heart, try my heart and expose everything hidden in me causing this anger.
Psalms 26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
Psalms 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
😤 My God my Father,

You are my helper. Forgive me for blaming and accusing others instead of taking full responsibility of my actions. Forgive me for behaving like Cain who ignored your advice and preferred to do things his own way. 

Father, I come before you and pray that you will help me to overcome anger and do your will and only your will.


😤 My God my Father,

Help me to have more self-control. I pray you rebuild in me by your power any wall broken down because of lack of self control. 

In the Name of Jesus Christ, I close the door to the devil and his demons. 

In the Name of Jesus Christ, I pray that you will train me like an athlete to be strong and determined. 

In the Name of Jesus Christ, I pray that you will help me to exercise muscles of forgiveness, patience and peacemaking. Help me also to be freed from past hurts and confusions so that I can run free.

SO SHALL IT BE!
JESUS IS LORD! 

Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International

No comments:

Post a Comment