Wednesday 7 June 2017

⏩ COVENANT MONTH OF ESCAPE ⏪ DAY 6 "BEING SAVED IMPLIES ESCAPING"


It is important to acknowledge the fact that being saved implies essentially to escape. In Hebrews 2:3, the Bible says,
"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard [him]"
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE SAVED?

To be "saved" means : 

a) To be rescued and spared or to escape death and ruin, to be preserved from perishing.

At the height of the storm on Lake Galilee the disciples cried out to Jesus and prayed,
"Lord save us! We are perishing!" (Matthew 8:23-27). 
b) To find what was lost

The "sheep that was lost" would certainly have perished if it had not been found by the shepherd. To find it was to save its life (Luke 15:3-7). It's appropriate to speak of being “lost” as the opposite of being “saved.”

To say a soul is lost is to say it is going to perish as it is written in John 3:16,
"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life"
Having sent his Son to die on the cross, God is able to "save" all who were perishing.
"Christ Jesus came into the world to save" them (1Timothy 1:15).
WHAT DO WE ESCAPE FROM IN SALVATION?

1) To escape means to break free from confinement or control.

- When you are saved, you are free from any confinement and control of the kingdom of darkness
Exodus 14:5 "And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled: and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said, Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?"

2) To escape is to get away from a place (such as a prison) where you are being held or kept. 

- When you are saved, you are no longer held captive of anything; you are free from any demonic bondage.
Jeremiah 29:14 I will bring you back from the place where you are being held captive.
2 Timothy 2:26 And [that] they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
3) To escape is to get away from a dangerous place or situation; from something that is difficult or unpleasant; from a situation you don't want to be in, from trials, tribulations, temptations.

- Being saved does not mean that you will not be in unpleasant, difficult or dangerous situation. It simply means that it will happen but before it ever happens, your escape is aready established in heavenly places. In other words, it means that the escaping virtue of your salvation in Christ has incorporated in it a way to escape.
1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

4) To escape is to be exempted from the wrath of God in the day of judgment.
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
MY CONFESSION TODAY ...


I declare today that I am not sick, for it is written, "my Lord healeth me of all my diseases" Ps. 103:3.

I declare today that I am not bound, for for it is written, "the Son has made me free" Jn. 8:36.

I declare today that I am not defeated, for for it is written, "I'm more than a conqueror through Christ who loves me" Rom. 8:37.

I declare today that I am not weak, for for it is written, "the Lord will give strength unto His people" Ps.29: 11.

I declare today that I am not powerless, for it is written, "ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you" Acts 1:8.

I declare today that I am not without peace, for it is written, "being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Rom. 5:1.

I declare today that I am not lacking any good thing, for it is written, "no good thing will my Father withhold from them that walk uprightly" Ps. 84:11.

I declare today that I am not overtaken by any evil work, for it is written, "the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work" 2Tim.4: 18.

I declare today that I am not afraid of any plague, for it is written, "there shall be no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling" Ps. 91:10.

I declare today that I am not running from the devil, for it is written,  I am "resisting the devil, and he is fleeing from me" Js. 4:7.

I declare today that I am not without daily quickening, for it is written, "He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His spirit that dwelleth in you" Rom. 8:11.

I declare today that I am not shackled by sin, demons or fear; for it is written, "thy God whom thou servest continually, He will deliver thee" Dan. 6:16.

I declare today that I am not in a losing battle, for it is written, "the Lord shall fight for me, and I shall hold my peace" Ex. 14:14.

I declare today that I am not without joy; for it is written, "His joy shall be in me, and my joy shall be full" Jn. 15:11.

I declare today that I shall not fail to see God; for it is written, "blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God" Matt. 5:8.

I declare today that I am not oppressed by cares, difficulties and troubles; for it is written, I am "casting all my cares upon Him, for He careth for me" 1 Pt. 5:7.



SO SHALL IT BE!

JESUS IS LORD!



Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International
NAIROBI/KENYA

No comments:

Post a Comment