Tuesday 27 June 2017

⏩ COVENANT MONTH OF ESCAPE ⏪ DAY 26 "BREAKING THE SNARE OF HATRED"



SCRIPTURE

"For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel." (John 5:20)

KEY STATEMENT

No one who hates others will ever experience the marvel working hand of God in his life.
The Lord makes it clear in Matthew 5:8, "Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God." 

In Hebrews 12:14, the Bible says again, "Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord"


WHAT IS HATRED?

Hatred is a strong dislike or ill will toward persons with a strong desire that evil should befall them. 

Beyond a feeling, hatred directed toward men is a work of the flesh listed in the same category with adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry and witchcraft.

In Proverbs 24:17, Solomon says, "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:" 
In Galatians 5:20, Paul says. "Now the works of the flesh are manifest,… Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,…"

WHAT ARE THE DANGERS OF HATRED?

1st danger : From Scriptures, a hater is a murderer and a murderer is a son of the devil. All the murders recorded in the Bible occurred as the result of hatred in the heart.
In 1 John 3:15, the Bible says, "Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him."
Jesus identifies the devil as the murderer and says clearly in John 8:44, "Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

2nd danger : From Scriptures, a hater is compared with a blind who is in darkness and has no light in him. Hatred is as a matter of fact an evil and demonic power blinding the eyes of men and hardening their heart so that they will become senseless, unloving and uncaring.

The Bible says in 1 John 2:9 "He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now." 
It says again in 1 John 2:11, "But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes."

3rd danger : When hatred is in the heart, it hinders communication between men. It becomes a source of misunderstandings, tensions, bitterness, quarrels and all kind of relationships issues.
We see it in Genesis 37:4 where the Bible says concerning Joseph and his brethren, "And when his brethren saw that their father loved him more than all his brethren, they hated him, and could not speak peaceably unto him."

RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HATRED AND MURDER

1st case : Cain hated his brother Abel and he ended up to kill him.

But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.... (Genesis 4:5)

And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. (Genesis 4:8)

2nd case : Absalom hated his brother Amnon and he kept it for two years. When he got the opportunity, he killed him.
We find the story in 2 Samuel 13:22 where it is written, "And Absalom spake unto his brother Amnon neither good nor bad: for Absalom hated Amnon, because he had forced his sister Tamar."
In 2 Samuel 13:29, we read how Absalom used some people to kill Amnon, "And the servants of Absalom did unto Amnon as Absalom had commanded. Then all the king's sons arose, and every man gat him up upon his mule, and fled.

HOW DO I DEAL WITH HATRED IN MY HEART?


1) BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF, LOCATE THE ROOT AND DEAL WITH IT.


- Joseph's brothers hated him because they were jealous at his dreams. If you find yourself being jealous, be honest and deal with it.


- Absalom hated Ammon because he was bitter and could not forgive him. If you find yourself in such bitterness and unforgiveness, be honest with yourself and deal with it.


2) ADMIT THAT HATRED IS SIN AND A WORK OF THE FLESH. REPENT FOR IT BEFORE THE LORD AND PRAY FOR GRACE FROM GOD TO CRUCIFY YOUR FLESH.


3) RUN TO GOD AND KEEP CONNECTED TO HIM WHO IS LOVE AND THE SOURCE OF LOVE. ASK HIM TO FILL YOUR HEART WITH HIS LOVE


4) DISCONNECT FROM HATEFUL COMPANY, HATEFUL CONVERSATION AND AND BUILD FRIENDSHIP AND FELLOWSHIP WITH LOVING AND CARING BORN AGAIN PEOPLE. 


PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS AND PRAYERS


PRAYER 1 | Father, I come before you today and I pray that You will help me to be crucified with Christ. Help me to crucify my flesh. Help me to crucify hatred in my heart so that I can live like Christ and love others especially my enemies the same way Christ loves me.
Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” 
========================
PRAYER 2Father, I come before you and repent over any evil wishes, words or attitudes directed toward my enemies. By the virtue of the love of God and of the blood of Jesus Christ, I annul and invalidate them. In the name of Jesus Christ, I speak blessing over my enemies. Let them encounter you. Let them prosper. Let everything go well with them. 

Matthew 5:44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"
========================

PRAYER 3 Father, I pray that your love fill my heart so that hatred should find no more place in me. Fill my heart with your light so that darkness should find no more room in me. Fill my heart with your presence so that the devil should find no more space in me.

Ephesians 3:17 "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,"
========================

PRAYER 4 | Father, I say thank you for making me free today from the sin of hatred. Thank you because you enlighten and brighter my future. Thank you for clearing the barriers toward my colorful destiny in Christ. Thank you for lifting me above the offenses of the enemies. I am free. I am free. I am free IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !!!

John 8:36 "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."

SO SHALL IT BE!
JESUS IS LORD! 


Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International
NAIROBI/KENYA 


No comments:

Post a Comment