Tuesday 9 May 2017

⏩ COVENANT OF THE OUTSTRETCHED HAND OF GOD ⏪ DAY 8 "VESSEL OF HONOUR IN THE HAND OF GOD"





God has not only saved us to go to heaven but he has also saved us to be a blessing to others as it is written in Zechariah 8:13
…I will save you, and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, [but] let your hands be strong.

What does it mean to be a blessing?

To be a blessing is just to be willingly an useful vessel into the hands of God for the fulfillment of his plan and purpose on the earth among men as it is written in Acts 9:15,
"But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel"

God never and does not use vessels at the same level because vessels are different one from another as Paul confirms in 2 Timothy 2:20
“In a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.”
As read in this text, it appears clearly there are four types of vessels:
  • vessels of gold,
  • vessels of silver,
  • vessels of wood and 
  • vessels of earth.
Those four types are divided into 2 categories: 
  • vessels of honour (gold and silver) and 
  • vessels of dishonor (wood and earth).

What does it take to be a vessel of honour in the hand of God?

It takes purity of the heart and purity of the conscience to be categorized as vessels of honour as the apostle Paul confirms in 2 Timothy 2:21,
"If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, [and] prepared unto every good work." 
In Matthew 5:8 Jesus says
"Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God."

In 2 Timothy 1:3 Paul says,
“I thank God, whom I serve from [my] forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day”.
ARE YOU A VESSEL OF HONOUR?

  • The choice is yours
"... as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15)
  • The reward from the Lord is sure and eternal
"And you shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless your bread, and your water; and I will take sickness away from the middle of you." (Exodus 23:25)

PRAYER POINTS 

PRAYER 1 | Father, we dedicate our house to be the place of your throne, the place of the soles of your feet and the place where you dwell. Father, keep our house from any defilement in Jesus name!
"And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places." (Ezekiel 43:7)

PRAYER 2 | Father,teach us to honor you. Teach us to honor your presence. Teach us to draw a line between the holy and the profane.
"Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed [difference] between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them." (Ezekiel 22:26)

PRAYER 3 | Father, here i am. Use me, use our family as a vessel of intercession. Use us so that we may stand in the gap before you for our nation, for our families, for our cities.
"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord GOD." (Ezekiel 22:30-31)

PRAYER 4 | Father,  I thank you for the reward  to our labour. You promise to give me the land of Egypt for my labour. I receive and claim it today
"I have given him the land of Egypt for his labour wherewith he served against it, because they wrought for me, saith the Lord God ." (Ezekiel 29:20)

 IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !
JESUS IS LORD !





Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International
Nairobi/Kenya


No comments:

Post a Comment