Monday 15 May 2017

⏩ COVENANT OF THE OUTSTRETCHED HAND OF GOD ⏪ DAY 14 "THE HEART AND THE HAND OF COMPASSION"



It is so amazing to consider the fact that the Bible is not a book of stories but really the Wisdom of God as Paul says to Timothy in 2 Timothy 3:15
"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus."

The Bible is so practical that it touches every area of human's life : spirit, soul and body. How pityful is it to disregard such well of wisdom, of insight and of understanding.

Reading my Bible today, I consider that Jesus met a man at the pool who had an infirmity 38 years. The Bible says that when Jesus saw him, he knew that this man has been there for a long time.

Before going further, I would like to tell somebody reading me today that God knows not only your case but also how long you have been in it.

In Exodus 3:7, the LORD said to Moses concerning his people in Egypt,
"I have surely seen the affliction of my people which [are] in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows". 
Are you going through a time of sorrow in your life? Have you been crying out with anguish and grief? Are you in a situation where you feel under servitude? Do you feel like you are in a prison from which you can’t escape? Are you groaning under hard bondage as the children of Israel? 

God says to you today, “I see your oppression. I know your sorrow. My hand of compassion is stretched to rescue you . . . ” 

It is important for us to understand at this moment that God is not a heartless God. Throughout the Bible, it is clearly confirmed that our God is the God of compassion who feels touched with the feeling of our infirmities. He sympathises with our weaknesses, our heartache, our emotionnal pain, our trouble as it is written in Hebrews 4:15, "We have a chief priest who is able to sympathize with our weaknesses. He was tempted in every way that we are, but he didn’t sin."

According to Scriptures, compassion is not a simple feeling but a move of the heart. One cannot have genuinely compassion without translating it into action. For that reason, anytime in the Bible God was moved with compassion, his hand was always stretched to bring forth solution. 

Let us confirm it in the life of Jesus Christ and see how anytime his heart was moved with compassion, his heart was stretched to bring solution.

In Matthew 14:14, the Bible says,
"And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick."

In Matthew 20:34, we read this,
"So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him."

In Mark 1:41, it is written, 
"And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean."

In Mark 6:34, it is written, 
"And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things."

In Mark 8:2, it is written,
"I have compassion on the multitude, because they have now been with me three days, and have nothing to eat:..."

In Luke 7:13-14, the Bible says, 
"And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said to her, Weep not. 14 And he came and touched the bier: and they that bore him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say to you, Arise."
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

I pray that you will be comforted and encouraged by these beautiful promises:

Psalm 22:24 NLT, “For He has not ignored the suffering of the needy. He has not turned and walked away. He has listened to their cries for help.”

Psalm 31:7 NLT, “For you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul.”

Psalm 34:18 NLT, “The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, he rescues those who are crushed in spirit.”

Psalm 40:1-2 MLB, “I waited and waited for the Lord; then He bent over to me (Oh how tender! Oh how personal! Oh how wonderful!) and heard my cry. He brought me up from a destructive pit, from the miry clay, and set my feet on a rock, steadying my steps.”

Psalm 56:8 TLB says, “You have seen me tossing and turning through the night. You have collected all my tears and preserved them in your bottle! You have recorded every one in your book.”


PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS AND PRAYERS

NOTE 1 | BE ENCOURAGED TODAY THAT GOD WILL NEVER HIDE HIS FACE FROM YOU IF YOU COMMIT YOURSELF TO SEEK HIS FACE CONTINUALLY. AS YOU DO SO, I SEE THE LORD SHOWING HIS FACE TO YOU, SMILING AT YOU AND GETTING YOU OUT OF YOUR SORROW.

PRAYER | FATHER, I UNDERSTAND AND I BELIEVE THAT IT IS TIME TO SEEK YOUR FACE. GRANT ME GRACE TO SEEK YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!

Hosea 5:15 I will go [and] return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

NOTE 2 | BE ENCOURAGED TODAY THAT GOD  IS A CARING GOD BUT HE NEVER CARES FOR COMPLAINERS AND MURMURERS. STOP COMPLAINING AND START PRAISING!

PRAYER 2 | FATHER GOD, I PRAISE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A CARING GOD. I PRAISE YOU BECAUSE YOU CARE ABOUT THE ANGUISH OF MY SOUL. FORGIVE MY COMPLAINTS AND FILL MY HEART WITH PRAISE IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!

Psalm 31:7 NLT, “For you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul.”

NOTE 3 | BE ENCOURAGED TODAY THAT BEING BROKEN-HEARTED AND CRUSHED IN SPIRIT SHOULD NOT WITHDRAW YOU FROM GOD BUT RATHER DRAW YOU CLOSER TO GOD.


PRAYER 3 | FATHER, CAUSE ME TO FEEL YOUR PRESENCE MORE THAN MY PAIN. CAUSE ME TO DRAW CLOSE TO YOU AND DO NOT LET ANYTHING TO WITHDRAW ME FROM YOU.

Psalm 34:18 NLT, “The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, he rescues those who are crushed in spirit.”

NOTE 4 | BE ENCOURAGED TODAY THAT GOD WILL BEND OVER TO YOU IF YOU HAND OVER TO HIM WHAT YOU GO THROUGH.

PRAYER 4 | FATHER, I SURRENDER TOTALLY AND UNRESERVEDLY TO YOU TODAY

Psalm 40:1-2 MLB, “I waited and waited for the Lord; then He bent over to me (Oh how tender! Oh how personal! Oh how wonderful!) and heard my cry. He brought me up from a destructive pit, from the miry clay, and set my feet on a rock, steadying my steps.”

 IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST ! 
JESUS IS LORD ! 



Pastor T.D. KASUKU K.K.
The Word Of Life Church International
Nairobi/Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment